Saturday 5 May 2018

My goal for May



Last month I managed to complete my monthly goal and also made a big dent in quilting on my compass quilt. It feels really good to have achieved my goal but here we are already in May and I haven't given a thought to what I want to achieve this month. This morning I've been busy trying to catch up on some chores, going to the bank, paying some bills and doing the housework so once that was all done and dusted I sat down with a cup of tea and considered my various projects.

I like taking part in these monthly link ups that encourage you to complete or move forward projects. I find them particularly useful with some of the older UFO's as it gives me the push I need to revisit them. However I sometimes find that hard as I've forgotten where I got to with the pattern or I realise that I needed to buy fabric or thread and I haven't got the space to go shopping. Yes I know I could do it on line but then I'd miss being able to stroke all the fabric in the shop and spend more than I meant to. So this month I'm not picking one of my older UFO's, instead I'm hoping to complete the quilting on my compass quilt. I've quilted the middle section of this quilt but still have the borders to complete.


I haven't taken a photo of the quilt recently but I have completed the quilting up to the narrow green border. There are three borders left, one star border, one of flying geese and the outer blue border.

I gave the job careful thought because I hate not  achieving my goals. I thought about the amount of quilting involved versus the time I have to do it and I'm confident I have time to get it done. So this is my one monthly goal.

At the same time I'm going to be working on another bag lady, Mathilda. I love having some hand stitching to do in an evening whilst chatting with the family or watching TV. It's really relaxing after a busy day and helps to calm me so I get a good night's sleep. I have now finished 5 bag ladies so another 7 to complete. Of the 7 still to be finished there is one I haven't done any stitching on so I put that one to the back of the pile. I'm going to try and complete one a month and if I finish my hand stitching project early I'll put some stitching into that one. I ordered them by how much work had already been completed on them and will start with the  ones I've done the most work on. Here's where I got to with Mathilda when I put her away.


I'm also taking part in a blog hop this month so must get a wriggle on to complete my project.

This week has been a very social week so I haven't done very much sewing instead I've been to a talk about Ethiopia, where we are going on holiday in November and been out to dinner twice with friends. As I usually write my blog in the evening my social life this week left very little time and so I still have the photos from our bluebell walk to show you. I'm also walking with John and Lucy on Monday so I'll have more to show you after that.This coming week is great since Monday is a bank holiday so no work for me which will give me some extra time for sewing. There is a bank holiday at the end of the month as well and I've booked the rest of that week off as leave. I hope we have good weather as I have a couple of visits planned during the week.

The sun has been shining all day, it's really warm outside and life feels good so I'm going to set my machine up and spend some time on my quilting. I'm linking this post with Patty from Elm Street Quilts for her May one monthly goal link party  Pop over and see what everyone's been working on.

Lyndsey

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it wonderful how a lovely sunny day can warm the soul and make everything seem so much better. Your various sewing projects are coming along well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Compass quilt looks wonderful. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete