Sunday 4 March 2018

Slow Sunday Stitching.

There has been quite a bit of hand stitching going on this week but remember that not all hand stitching is created equal. At the start of the week I had a lot of mending to do with several buttons to sew on, a skirt zip to mend and a hem to restitch. Yugh mending is my pet hate.

It's not all gloom and doom however as I got some fun stitching done as I've currently been making some hexie blocks for the next round of my grandmothers garden quilt. Tonight I will be changing pace and occupation. I had started a jumper for John but last year I found it very heavy going as it is knitted in the round and uses thicker yarn. Having reached the armholes the weight of the knitting was too heavy for me to hold. My neuropathy seems to be improving, although it is very slow so this evening I am going to pull out my knitting, re-acquaint myself with the pattern and see if I can manage to knit some rows. I have added the arms so there are a lot of stitches and a lot of weight but as they say 'you don't know what you can do until you try.'


I've never made a jumper on circular needles before and keep on worrying that it's not going to be big enough but when I measure it, all the measurements are correct.

Tomorrow the 'Small, Smaller, Smallest' blog hop starts. Here's the schedule;

March 5


March 6


March 7


March 8


I'm linking this post with Kathy from Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching Why not visit to see what everyone is working on.

Lyndsey

4 comments:

  1. I have to say I learned something new from you today. I have never heard a sweater called a jumper. Here in Canada a jumper is a dress wore over a shirt or blouse. So I was a bit confused!! Silly me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your knitting is so close to being finished! Keep going!
    So excited to see all the small treats coming this week on the blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your knitting is beautiful. It is going to be nice for a cold day. Thank you for the hop reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I get to that point on yoke sweaters, I either knit sitting at the table or arrange a lap desk to keep the weight of the thing off my wrists. It's going to be a lovely pullover for your hubby.

    ReplyDelete