Monday 1 February 2016

End of January catch up

Over the week I 've been trying to catch up with work, whilst still feeling a bit below par which meant I needed extra naps and got less stitching done. Having said that I did finish my baby quilt and enjoyed slow Sunday hand stitching.



Dust Off Those Books

The baby quilt was my January 'Let's book it' project. I haven't had the pattern lying around for ages, in fact I bought the magazine in November 2015 and fell in love with the pattern.I needed to make a baby quilt and the pattern was perfect and would help use up some of my scraps.


I still have to pop the quilt in the washing machine to get rid of my quilting marks. Most of the marks just disappeared in the air but some just won't go but they will wash out.



The piece of grey on the bottom edge isn't anything to do with the quilt. As I was taking the picture I knocked my cross stitch pattern onto the floor. I'm pleased with this quilt as I've tried two new techniques. The first was using monofilament and the second was the quilting pattern. I love the way the waves look. I'm going to take some photos outside as I can't get a good picture indoors.

My slow stitching this weekend was working on the millennium sampler. I have the helmet and the riders legs to finish for the 1066 square. I've also done more of the border. This project has taken so long to finish that the fabric is really grubby. Once I've finished it I will give it a wash before it is framed.



I also finished stitching the binding on the baby quilt over the weekend. I enjoyed stitching the binding as you can snuggle under the quilt whilst you stitch.

My January goal was to finish the quilting on the 9 patch quilt but this is still waiting to be done. I have now set this as my February goal.  For the 'Let's book it' project I'm going to see how far I can get with the millennium sampler. This is certainly a pattern I've had for a long time. Sharon says you can work on a long term project so long as you make progress. That then gives me time to sort out the patterns I've got so I can decide what I want to keep and make at some point, and which to pass on to someone else.

I'm linking this post with Sharon for January's Let's book it and with Kathy's Slow Sunday Stitching

I hope you've had time for some stitching over the weekend.

Lyndsey


2 comments:

  1. Oh my, I made those cute little dogs long ago - a very old pattern. I followed the pattern off an old pillow my gr.gran had made. And you stitchery is wonderful - very intricate detail to this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sooooo cute. Congratulations on a finish. And for winning Sharon's Let's Book It challenge : )

    ReplyDelete