Sunday 3 January 2016

The first slow Sunday of 2016


This morning I set to and finished the baby quilt top. Having got that far I went on to make the quilt sandwich and I didn't stop there. I'd already pieced the back for the 9 patch quilt and so I prepped that for quilting as well. I will start the quilting on Tuesday as I'm working tomorrow. I was going to make the quilt sandwich for the 'It's a dog's life' quilt but Kathryn and Olly arrived at that point so that will have to wait for another day.

As the weather is wet again we decided that staying in, watching TV and eating Christmas cake would make a fun afternoon. If I'm watching TV I do like to get on with some stitching so I made myself comfy and got on with the Christmas tree cross stitch. This is how it looks now. (I've finished more of the sky and the tree since I took the photo.) This will be the last week I'm working on this project until the Christmas season comes round again.



I'm not looking forward to tomorrow morning as I haven't been rushing to get up in the mornings during the holiday. 6am even sounds too early plus it's still dark. I'm teaching all day so the time will pass quickly and then I'm off for Tuesday and Wednesday. I must admit I had work I should have done in the last two weeks but I didn't so I'm going to need to spend some time on Tuesday and Wednesday catching up.

I am starting sorting out my scraps and I'm trying to work out the best way to store them. The dog blocks on the baby quilt were made using 2 and half inch squares and as I'd already cut these from some scraps it was lovely to just pick out the squares I needed and get on with the sewing. I'm leaning towards cutting my scraps into squares of various sizes and also strips. I'm also thinking about making some of the fabric boxes to keep my scraps in. I need to find the pattern.

I hope you've enjoyed some slow stitching this Sunday. I linking this post with Kathy for Slow Sunday Stitching

Lyndsey

2 comments:

  1. I think you should continue to work on that pretty Christmas tree all year long. They you will be sure to have a new decoration next year. Enjoy whatever project you choose to work on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lot of sky to stitch. Keep at it and soon it will be more fun to work on.

    ReplyDelete