Tuesday 17 November 2015

Friends, winds and pattern

Today I was working in Reading. This is a train journey away and because I catch the stopping train it takes about an hour and 20 minutes. Usually I spend the journey reading or sewing but this morning I was still tired and no matter how hard I tried I couldn't stay awake so no stitching got done. Today after work I met up with Karen, both a friend and my ex boss. We went shopping first and had a very girlie time trying on dresses and boots. I didn't buy anything but Karen bought a new coat and a pair of boots We then had pizza and followed it up with sticky desserts. Sorry I was so hungry I didn't stop to take a photo. I never realised that gossiping and shopping could make you so hungry. After a great afternoon and evening I enjoyed the Christmas lights as I walked back to the station.



I love the tree made of globe lights and further along the trees had lights that appeared to drip through the leaves. Luckily whilst I was walking it stayed dry but the wind was a little blustery. All day there had been heavy rain on and off. The train journey home was uneventful but when I was walking to the bus stop for the final leg of my journey the wind was really strong and kept blowing me along and almost blew me off my feet. I was very pleased to be home and Scamp and Picasso were pleased to see me. They were home alone as both Richard and John were still out. They were happier when I turned on the TV to cover the sound of the wind.

It was 10 p.m. by the time I got home and there is no time for stitching but I printed my new stitching pattern onto fabric solvy. I need to buy some fabric to stitch the designs on. If the weather is good tomorrow I'll walk up to the fabric shop and see if there is anything suitable. The pattern i've decided to work on is by Red Brolly and features Brutus at Christmas. I'll take a photo tomorrow when I have it all set up and ready to go.

My aim for tomorrow is to make the quarter square triangles for the 'It's a dog's life' quilt. For now I need another cup of tea before I sort out the furbabies and get ready for bed.

Lyndsey

1 comment:

  1. Hello, so happy to have met you on the net. You, like me, try your hand at a number of different kinds of hand work. You are an especially talented quilter. Love that you share your process too. Happy stitching from Ottawa, Canada.

    ReplyDelete