Friday 27 November 2015

A finished top



I hope you all had a Happy Thanksgiving. At guides on Wednesday we had a thanksgiving themed evening which the girls really enjoyed. They wanted to try some recipes they had found from America and the one that won the day was roasted sweet potato and marshmallow. Mmm tasty but very filling. Some of the girls thought it was the best food ever whilst some complained it was too sweet. Whatever their feelings about the food we tried they felt it was a great idea to theme the evening around a celebration from another country. By the end of the evening some of them had devised a list of religious and other celebration days from around the world.That takes care of planning for quite a few weeks next year.

I haven't had a lot of time for stitching this week but I made good use of the time I did have. I finished up the top for the 'It's a dogs life quilt'. The more I stitched this top the more I liked it.


Unfortunately today in London has been wet so no pretty photos taken outside. Our bed had to supply the background. I am very happy with how this quilt top looks. I've got some other projects I'm going to be working on so this wont be quilted until next year.

I have also been working on my hexi quilt from last years rainbow scrap challenge. This top still isn't finished as I have to add the borders.


I love this top and I can't wait to get it finished.

Finally I was asked by older daughter if I would make her an advent calendar. There were quite a lot to choose from but most were aimed at children and Katy is an adult. In the end I bought this one.


I've already added some of the pockets. It takes a bit of fiddling and a lot of concentration to get the pockets to match the background pattern.


I must remember to get our advent calendar out the loft this weekend and buy the sweets ready for the first of December.


Earlier today I realised I have 3 weeks at work before my two week break over Christmas and the New Year. I know we all tend to say the year has flown by this this year really does seem to have vanished. Realising Christmas was so close sent me into a spin until I remembered I've just about finished my present shopping and just need to make a final decision on the menu. I do need to make a quilt for Buddy for Christmas. It's a shame that he's such a big dog. If he was the same size as Scamp it would be a quick job.

I'm linking this post with Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish it up Friday  November has been a great month for finishes for me. I hope November has also smiled on your quilting projects.

Lyndsey

2 comments:

  1. Oh yay! It all looks great, Lyndsey. You've been busy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are all great! I love the redwork xmas quilt especially - wonderful effort!

    ReplyDelete