Sunday 11 October 2015

Cake, pudding and more.

Last Christmas the house was in uproar having had the heating system completely renewed (all the pipework, the radiators and the boiler) as well as rewired and the kitchen was pulled apart in preparation for our new kitchen being fitted in January. Christmas happened and was fun but not like our usual celebrations. So this year I decided to start early and so earlier this week I made my Christmas cake. I don't usually make the dip in the centre deep enough to ensure the top stays flat but it worked perfectly this time. 




Today I made Christmas puddings, four 1-pint puddings to be precise.. We'll only use 2 of the puddings and the other 2 will be gifts.



The 4th pudding is in the steamer.

Yesterday evening was Big Gig. This is a pop concert organised by Girlguiding UK for the guiding membership over 10 years of age. They do one earlier in the year in the north of the country and yesterday there were two concerts at Wembley Arena in London. We had tickets for the evening concert. This is an ear splitting event as the arena holds 12,500 and when they are teenage girls they have a tendency to do a lot of screaming after each act.




It was a good evening even though I only knew one of the acts. Guess I'd better admit to getting old, that and the fact that I'm not a lover of pop, rock is more my style. The girls had fun and didn't stop talking about the show all the way home.

A busy but enjoyable weekend but this evening I need to chill out and do some slow stitching. I decided to do some work on my millennium sampler. This has been stuffed in my embroidery box for ages and it is time to pull it out and try to get it finished before the end of the year. This is where I left it. Now I'm going to watch TV and finish the stitching of the knight at the top of the piece. I'm linking this post with Slow Sunday Stitching at Kathy's Quilts.



I hope you've had a good weekend and Happy Thanksgiving to readers in Canada.

Lyndsey

8 comments:

  1. What a beautiful project ! Happy stitching :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful project ! Happy stitching :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure my daughter went to one of the girl guide concerts some years ago! Love your cross stitch. Such a great project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing like getting started early! I alway think about it but never quite get there! Your crosstitch project is so interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did this one for the millennium, I seem to remember the borders (especially the inner one) were hard work, as they seemed to go on for ever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to make my fruit cake. My stepmom actually lost it one time! I've never had Christmas pudding. Is it better after sitting, like fruit cake?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your pudding looks delicious. I love fruitcake which is what we have in the US. 12,000 teenagers in one place would be the end of me, so you have my admiration on that gig.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pudding looks delish and the stitchery looks like great fun!
    Thanks for linking up and contributing to a wonderful Slow Sunday Stitching!

    ReplyDelete