Thursday 1 May 2014

Review of April Goals

A Lovely Year of Finishes2014 NewFO Challenge

It's that time of the month again when I look back to see how well I got on with my goals. Overall I feel that April has been a good sewing and creative month. 

Goal 1 Complete the quilt for Jennifer. Completed

Lucy was going to make this quilt as a birthday present for her best friend Jennifer. Unfortunately she run out of time so asked if I would be able to help. The quilt was completely finished last week. 


This was my finish for April for the 'A Lovely year of finishes' challenge.

Goal 2 Complete the 'Votes for women' quilt top. Not completed.

It is so nearly finished but I wanted to add a white border but I haven't got any in my stash and unfortunately my local quilt shop has run out. I will finish the top this weekend as the fabric will be in on Saturday.


This is the last photo I have but I have since stitched all the rows together.

Goal 3 Complete my 'Super Power' blog hop projects.  Done

My day was Friday 18th April and I made a cushion cover using scraps. 


Goal 4. Make the blocks for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. Done
The colour this month was purple. I am making 4 nine patch blocks





Also I'm making a hexie block each month.



Goal 5 Start my April NewFO Done

My NewFO for April is a knitting project rather than quilting. Kathryn has a friend who is having her first baby in August and I wanted to knit a baby blanket I am making a pattern that I used a couple of years ago. Here is the blanket I made then.


This is a lovely blanket to knit and the yarn is so beautifully soft. I started this a few days ago and it is growing quickly.


So April has been a good month for getting projects finished. I'm hoping May will be a good.

I'm linking this post with Melissa at Sew Bittersweet Designs for the April finishes party and Barbara at Cat Patches for her NewFO linky party.

I hope April was a good Sewing month for you .

Lyndsey

6 comments:

  1. Your blanket is gorgeous! I knit even slower than I hand quilt, so knitting a baby blanket would mean making one for the baby's grandson, LOL! Love all of your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been busy! So many beautiful projects, and the knitting blanket is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been busy and all projects are so lovely as usual

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely projects! I can "feel" the softness of your blanket - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous projects - good luck in meeting your goal!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, Lyndsey. This is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete