Wednesday 3 July 2013

July goal setting

A Lovely Year of FinishesNever Too Hot To Stitch!

So here we are at the beginning of another month and it's time to set some goals. If you want to see how I did on my June goals click here  Last month I didn't do very well, the small projects got done but the big ones didn't get any attention at all. That means that this month there can be no excuses I really must work on my swoon quilt. All the blocks are cut out and ready to go. It's just a case of sitting down at the machine and there is only 6 blocks to go.



I have also signed up to take part in the HO HO HO blog hop. My day (at the moment) is August 2nd but that means I must get my piece completed in July. I have a few ideas for the project, I just need to decide on fabric. This will be one of my July NewFO projects. If you haven't come across the NewFO challenge visit Cat Patches to find out what's it all about or click on the button on the right.

I have also been enjoying doing my cross stitch this last month and decided I wanted to make a quilt with pieces of stitchery in it. I loved The 'Love me, love my cat' quilt that Barbara over atCat Patches made but I was looking for a pattern involving dogs. We have both a cat and a dog but it is Scamp, the Yorkshire Terrier in my blog header who sits on my lap while I stitch. 

I found what I was looking for on Bird Brain Designs and I am now waiting for it to be delivered. I'm hoping this will be my main NewFO for July.



I'm still quilting slowly by hand on my Holiday quilt. I will show a photo update at the end of the month. 

I know this month is going to be busy so I am only setting these goals;

1. Finish the swoon top

2. Make piece for HO HO HO blog hop

3. Start 'it's a dog's life' stitchery

4. Work on my cross stitch pieces.

I'm linking this post up with a lovely year of finishes at Fiber of all sorts and the year of the finished project at Never too hot to stitch


2 comments:

  1. I want to work on my Swoon blocks too...I signed up for a quilt-along which I hope will help me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seeing your Swoon block reminds me of mine, sitting in a box... Good luck with your goals

    ReplyDelete