Wednesday 12 June 2013

A slow stitching week.

I can't believe that it's been a whole week since I last posted. I'm going to blame it on the weather. When the weather is good what can you do but spend time outside?  I'm also trying to reorganise the house and sort out the storage which means less time for stitching.

I have done some of my sampler. I like to sit and stitch whilst watching TV. At the moment there are several good history documentaries that I recorded and so time for slow stitching. This was what it looked like last Sunday.



I was hoping to finish the Santa Maria including the back stitching. I managed to do that and got quite a way through the next square.



I'm very pleased with my progress. This week I am reverting to the Cattitude cross stitch.

One of my goals for June was to make the June Schnibbles quilt. This is the pattern.



I'm continuing to use up all my scraps to make these schnibbles and for this one I'm using colours that are suitable for a boy. I've got all the individual blocks pieced and now need to sew them into the  pin wheels. There are 16 pin wheels and in the pattern each pin wheel is different as it is made with charm squares. I'm using scrap and had enough to make four pin wheels from each fabric. I love the grey jigsaw fabric.


I have the fabric to start my June NewFO and I have decided what I am making for the 'Stamp on it' hop that starts on June 26th. 

This last weekend we went to visit my uncle Terry and his wife Yvonne. They live further north in the country near Crewe which is approximately 190 to 200 miles away. We had a really lovely weekend which included visiting Tatton Park and finding out about my family history as Yvonne has been researching it for some time. Terry is my father's youngest brother and not only does he look a lot like my father did but he also has the same sense of humour. I'm hoping some of the photos I took on my phone are in focus when I upload them to the computer.

I'm linking this post with Kathy's Quilts for her Slow Sunday Stitching.

I hope you've had some time for stitching recently

Lyndsey



5 comments:

  1. Great scrappy pinwheels. and congrats on getting so much done on the cross stitch it is looking great too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cross stitch and I love the scrappy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those pinwheels! The cat fabric is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Schnibbles quilt blocks look wonderful, it is definitely a great way to use up your stash.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your hand stitching project is so fun! And isn't it great to see each block as it is stitched!?!
    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete