Saturday 13 October 2012

Leaves



Barbara at Catpatches runs Foto Finish on a Saturday. The idea is to end the bloging week with a photo that you link up to her blog. The photo can be on anything but there is an optional theme. This week the theme was leaves.



This photo was taken at the end of October 2005 at Kew Gardens London. This year the leaves are starting to change colours but it is quite slow. Those that have turned are tending more towards yellows and pale oranges rather than the bright fiery reds and oranges. However here are some leaves from my walk with my daughter Lucy and  Scamp this morning. Our walk took us 4 and a half miles to and around Wandsworth Common in London.




The willows on the banks of the pond at the centre of the common had lost most of their leaves.



Now I need to put some laundry on and clean the bathroom and then I should be able to have some quality time with my sewing machine. I have a wall hanging that has been a work in progress for a year that I want to get finished this month.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh. These are gorgeous, Lyndsey. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing all of those beautiful leaves with us! I can't decide which one I like the best. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. We tend to get more of the yellow leaves here in Oklahoma, not so much the bright oranges and reds. Thanks for sharing all your leaves, the bright yellow ones are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete