Sunday 19 August 2012

London Loop walk

I meant to post about my walk earlier in the week to explain my lack of quilting progress but holidays are just so busy I ran out of time.

Anyway on Tuesday John and I went walking with our friend Tony. We have nearly completed the London Loop, a 152 mile route around the outskirts of London. This section took us from Chigwell to Harold Wood a distance of about 11 miles. As we past through Stratford station I had the urge to get off the train and go and have a look at the Olympic Park. I must make time to do that next week.

As we set out from the station I saw this statue in the car park of The King's Head

The walk took us through lush meadows where the wild flowers were in full bloom


By fields of wheat waiting to be harvested.



On the way we came across this clearing which had several wood sculptures.






The view looked across the London skyline.


and the final bit of the walk went between giant redwoods.


These redwoods are mere babies being just over 100 years old. They have a lot of growing to do.

The walk was fun and good exercise and in the evening I planned my visit to the Festival of Quilts at the NEC in Birmingham. I will post about the visit very soon. I took lots of photos of the lovely quilts on display.




No comments:

Post a Comment